It's Sunday, which means it's time to pour a cup of coffee, snuggle up next to the pooch, and catch up on current events.
- Why Does All This Matter: A manifesto of sorts. | The Well-Appointed Desk - "If buying a new pen, a new bottle of ink or some other doodad will compel you to sit down for 15 minutes and coax out an idea, a doodle, a story or a memory, then do it. Buy that pen. You DO need that notebook."
- The Visconti Van Gogh Midi in Green Musk: A Review — The Pen Addict - It may be a mediocre pen, but the barrel is stunning!
- Gourmet Pens: Ink Shot Review: Diamine Red Lustre
- What Is A Commonplace Book & Why You Need One - I love this idea but haven't quite figured out how I would pull this off.
Things that made me drool:
- Lamy 2000 Review | Fountain Pen Network - This is THE Lamy 2000 review, in my opinion. Such a great overview of the pen's history.
- Lamy 2000 Review | Modern Sationer - The Lamy 2000 is calling to me.
- First Look: The Gist By Tactile Turn — The Pen Addict - After much deliberation, I backed the Gist with stainless steel grip and finial. It was a tough decision between this and a Lamy 2000, but I'm looking for a sturdy everyday carry, and the Lamy 2000 just seems too fussy for that. Maybe one day.
- Tactile Turn Gist Fountain Pen/Kickstarter Launch | Ed Jelley - As usual, Ed Jelley kills it. Check out his pen comparisons if you're having trouble deciding.
- Noodler's Ahab Flex - Poltergeist Pumpkin - I've been looking for a cheap pen with a flex nib to doodle with, and Noodler's is one of the best options. I'll have a review posted soon!
Thanks for checking out this week's issue of Casual Sunday. Check back in on Tuesday morning for a brand new blog post or subscribe to the RSS feed at the bottom of the page. Thanks for your support!