It's Sunday, which means it's time to pour a cup of coffee, snuggle up next to the pooch, and catch up on current events.
Tactile Turn is definitely making major waves in the fountain pen community with their Gist Fountain Pen Kickstarter. With four days remaining in the project, it’s time to make a final decision. I originally backed the stainless still grip and finial but, after much debate, decided to try something new and switched to the copper grip and finial. The early reviews of the Gist are in, and it’s a stunner. The question is no longer whether to back but what to back, and I found the following links incredibly helpful. I know that I’ve posted some of these before, but I wanted to collect them all in one place. If you’re looking for a specific pen configuration, the types covered in the reviews are listed next to the links.
- Gourmet Pens: First Impressions: Tactile Turn Gist Fountain Pen @TactileTurn - Full copper and titanium bodies, polycarbonate body with zirconium grip and finial. This post provides a great steel/titanium/gold nib comparison if you’re on the fence. This is the only review that shows how the copper ages with a bit of use.
- Tactile Turn Gist Fountain Pen / Kickstarter Launch UPDATED w/ COMPARISON | edjelley.com – Fountain Pen, Ink, and Stationery Reviews - Ed did all of the photography work for the Gist Kickstarter, and his preview features beautiful photos of the polycarbonate body with brass, Damascus Steel, and titanium grips and finials and full titanium body. He calls out the polycarbonate body with titanium grip and finial specifically. Ed also provides an awesome photo lineup of the Tactile Turn Gist next to several other popular pens.
- First Look: The Gist By Tactile Turn — The Pen Addict - Polycarbonate grip with Damascus Steel finial, brass grip and finial, full titanium body
- Everyday Commentary: Tactile Turn Gist Review - Damascus Steel grip and finial
- Tactile Turn Gist Fountain Pen - The Clicky Post - Polycarbonate grip with zirconium finial, titanium grip and finial, and full stainless steel and titanium bodies
- Gist Fountain Pen — Tactile Turn - This page shows every possible metal/nib combination, both capped and uncapped.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Get Started On Logging Inks In 10 Steps - I’m planning to do ink reviews in the future, so I’m exploring different ways of ink logging.
- Gourmet Pens: Review: Pelikan Souverän M800 Burnt Orange Fountain Pen @AppelboomLaren - I’m a sucker for orange pens and this pretty little thing popped up in my feeds several time this week.
- Tom Norton Walnut Drawing Ink Review — The Pen Addict - The shading on this ink is phenomenal. I just wish I had these drawing skills.
- Paper Cut: Paperblanks Journals | The Pen Habit - I purchased a leather-bound journal a few years ago, and I love writing in it. These journals are absolutely stunning.
- New Neuroscience Reveals 4 Rituals That Will Make You Happy - It’s a little link baity, but this article provides simple advise for practices that result in major benefits.
Thanks for checking out this week's issue of Casual Sunday. Check back in on Tuesday morning for a brand new blog post or subscribe to the RSS feed at the bottom of the page. Thanks for your support!